What are the different housing types?

Is your property a House or an Apartment?

Support Team
Written by Support TeamLast update 1 year ago

When lodging a bond, Tenancy Services asks for your property's "Dwelling Type". Most rental properties are Houses, but here's a run down:

House/Townhouse: a self contained property, usually with land.

Apartment/Unit: a property with self contained areas (e.g. apartments, units) and shared areas (e.g. building lifts, driveways).

Bedsit/Flat: a place which is either part of a subdivided building, or a building which is independent of the primary residence of a property (e.g. sleep-out).

If you're still unsure, select house.

Did this answer your question?